TED has awarded The City 2.0 a 100 000 $ award for a online platform reminding much of the one being developed for ideasforgreece.
Check it out !
Announcing the 2012 TED Prize Winner – The City 2.0
TED is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 TED Prize.
For the first time in the history of the prize, it is being awarded not to an individual, but to an idea. It is an idea upon which our planet’s future depends.
The 2012 TED Prize is awarded to….the City 2.0.
The City 2.0 is the city of the future… a future in which more than ten billion people on planet Earth must somehow live sustainably.
The City 2.0 is not a sterile utopian dream, but a real-world upgrade tapping into humanity’s collective wisdom.
The City 2.0 promotes innovation, education, culture, and economic opportunity.
The City 2.0 reduces the carbon footprint of its occupants, facilitates smaller families, and eases the environmental pressure on the world’s rural areas.
The City 2.0 is a place of beauty, wonder, excitement, inclusion, diversity, life.
The City 2.0 is the city that works.
The TED Prize grants its winner $100,000 and “one wish to change the world.” How will this prize be accepted on behalf of the City 2.0? Through visionary individuals around the world who are advocating on its behalf.
- Press coverage
- Updated media – Video walkthrough of project phases
- Two new heroes
- Status update – Crowdsourcing campaign on Indiegogo
- Inspiring Greece – The Trials Of Sokrates, history repeating?
- New Prezitation of Project – IdeasForGreece
- Inspiring Greece – The cultural creatives; New leaders in a chaotic era
- What can Sweden possibly learn from Greece?
- Help me with ideas – Interactive Prezi journey of project